Banana chocolate bites
Try Banana chocolate bites. What a simple and delicious treat to get you past that 3pm sugar slump. Keep in the freezer when afternoons get tough!
- 3 3 ripe bananas
- 85 g natural peanut butter
- 90 g dark chocolate (or vegan chocolate) chips
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Peel and slice the bananas. Line a tray or chopping board with baking paper.
- Place ½ teaspoon of peanut butter onto the banana slices and top with another banana slice to make a little ‘sandwich’.
- Place the bananas on earlier prepared baking paper and store them in the freezer for about 1 hour.
- Next, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave or use the water bath method.
- Once the chocolate is melted, dip each frozen banana sandwich into it so that half is coated.
- Place the chocolate-covered sandwiches back on the baking pepper platter and into the freezer for another 15-20 mins.
- Once the chocolate is set, you can transfer the bananas into a container and store them in the freezer for up to 1-2 months.
- The longer the bananas stay in the freezer, the harder they will get. So remove them from the freezer for about 5 minutes before eating.
- You should be able to make around 30 sandwiches.
- Meal prep friendly
- Contains nuts (supplement with sunflower seed paste)
- Low carb