Whole food is the key to better health and sustaining weight loss over time.
Hitting ineffective fat loss techniques falls into simple and complex issues. Simple issues are things that are hidden in which you may not be aware of. Complex issues stem from hormones, metabolism, indicating that your body is not functioning as it should be. If it is either of these things, then I’m guessing that what you are currently doing, isn’t working in your favour. The great news is that there are plenty of things you can do to turn this one around.
Please view the following key points that you may have missed in your weight-loss efforts, and begin to execute them one by one to see which is the most effective for you. It does take a bit of time and experimentation, but it’s worth the effort long term.
5 essential things getting in the way of your fat loss goals
- Doing endless and low impact cardio for long periods of time. The most effective form of cardio training is in fact sprinting. In contrast to steady state cardio, which compromises your insulin sensitivity, as well as creates an environment of stress for your body. Research does state time and time again that steady state cardio is ineffective for fat loss, and can be detrimental to your goals. Your best bet is to utilise the efficiency of sprint training, that’s only required for 20–30 minutes in order to burn body fat stores and keep your metabolism burning for hours after training. Save the steady state for incidental exercise during the day.
- You are not weight training correctly. When your goal is to lose weight, you really need to strength train, opting for heavy and light training. This will maintain your muscle mass during periods of dieting, where you are restricting your calories somewhat. Focus on multi-joint movements such as squats, lunges, deadlifts, bench pressing and pull ups. These do require a lot more energy than single joint movements. That is the point here. Those single movements wont create lasting change for you. Always count your tempo correctly, because muscle needs to be under tension in order to become damaged and grow. Volume should be high. Do as many sets as you can, but do work this in with shorter sets as well. The key is to always change it up in order to gain the most effective body composition results.
- You may have a gut issue that needs attention. Most people are not aware of how important gut health is to weight loss, and weight maintenance over time. I highly recommend researching a great brand go through a gut cleanse, with the proper diet involved, in order to solve this problem Getting to the root cause of the issue is essential. Perhaps you have food intolerances or allergies that need to be recognised. You will be amazed at how much more weight you can lose by just implementing this strategy regularly. We should all opt for a gut cleanse regularly, to enhance the good bacteria, and eliminate the culprits causing issues.
- You lead a highly stressful life style. This one is really, really important! You must pay attention to the amount of stress that’s happening in your life right now. Persistent stress leads to excess cortisol secretion, which is the primary culprit for increasing blood sugar – causing insulin spikes. This is to cater for the energy needed in order to get through the situation. Chronic stress produces inflammation, causing your body to stop functioning properly. It is very hard to alleviate stress constantly, therefore it’s more realistic to put in place some coping mechanisms to help us in these situations. Try meditation, a walk in nature, take a break from the situation at hand to breath deeply. Perhaps the use of essential oils will bring on a more calm demure. Become aware of your stress markers and then work quickly so it does not get out of hand.
- You are not eating consistently. Eating consistently helps us stabilise our blood sugar and prevent those raging cravings. When you don’t eat, more than likely, you will experience low blood sugar. That means adrenalin is released to increase blood sugar in order to keep you functioning properly. Sometimes this can cause insulin resistance, that will inhibit fat loss.
Be aware of this lull in energy, especially when you are on an intermittent fasting diet. Monitor your progress, and note of any symptoms that are not increasing your energy, rather diminishing it.
Also, please be aware of the hidden danger of grains, especially when you are on a vegan or vegetarian diet. This is a massive culprit for fat gain, and the inability to lose weight. Give up the processed and sugar filled snacks, opting for whole foods instead.