Weight train guys! This is the key to lasting fat loss!
Becoming lean doesn’t always happen as fast as we like. 3 weeks is really not giving yourself enough time, unless you want to crash diet (which is not a good idea – please don’t do this!). Our bodies never respond as fast as our minds do, when we set the intention to change.
The good news is there are a few methods that can help you along the way. These are simple and easy, but do require some discipline. I don’t know what your eating plan and exercise regime looks like, therefore, these are stock standard for anyone starting out along the journey. I will leave you with one great method, that increases fat loss fast in people that are overweight. If you are on the leaner side, it won’t be as effective. Here goes..
4 ways to lose body fat fast, with one highly successful bonus tip!
- Remove all processed foods including refined sugars and carbohydrates. That means anything from a packet made for convenience. You need to get rid of all of these foods, as well as soft and energy drinks. The stop weight loss by casing a cascade of negative hormonal changes in your body. This will then steady your blood sugar levels, and provide you with constant energy during the day, rather than slumps and peaks.
- Make protein and veggies the main priorities in your diet. Make sure you are eating the proper portions and high grade protein sources during the day. This is so you may experience satiety, increased energy, more focused and clear minded. Vegetables are the perfect source of many vitamins and minerals, as well as fiber and a source of satiety as well. Vegetable consumption eliminates a lot of cravings we tend to experience. Pick low fat protein sources such as eggs, chicken breast, fish and turkey. Veggies should be cruciferous such as broccoli, cauliflower, kale and asparagus. You will get more nutritional value and low calorie meals out of these.
- Lower your carb intake. Low carb eating allows us to tap into our fat reserves, utilising them for energy, rather than glucose. Opt to get all your carb sources from veggies, as they do not increase insulin. Increase the fat in your diet by eating more nuts, avocado and olive oil. No, they do not increase your body fat, rather, they assist in increasing your bodies thermogenesis. It actually takes your body energy to digest these foods (which is another way to burn calories)
- Strength train! This is key to weight loss. You need to work out vigorously, and consistently in order to burn body fat stores and increase your metabolism. When starting off, you will experience great results with this. Along the journey of weight training, your body will be better able to adapt to burn fat stores for energy. You will also increase your range of fat burning after your workout has been completed. It is a win win situation in all aspects of your life.
BONUS TIP: Intermittent fasting for fast fat loss!
Why is intermittent fasting so effective?
- Boosts your metabolism. When your resting metabolism is boosted, it helps you burn more calories throughout the day, even when asleep or at rest.
- It kick starts ketosis. Ketosis usually happens under extreme limitations of carbohydrates. Intermittent fasting provides a short cut towards this ultimate fat burning state. Once the body is drained of glucose the primary source of our bodies energy – it is forced to burn through fat reserves for energy, through a process called Ketosis. Ketosis has the power to reduce inflammation markers, burn through extra fat and drop weight at a faster rate.
- By burning visceral fat. This is the stubborn fat we have on our bodies. It’s allocated deep around the abdominal organs. During a 6 month fasting duration, people on an intermittent fasting diet were able to shed 4–7 percent of their visceral fat .