A healthy eating plan is something you should aim for on a daily basis. They key is balance, as well as having the flexibility to also indulge in the things you enjoy, once in a while. We should also ensure that life is enjoyable, and moments spent with friends and family over meals is what creates happiness.
7 easy and simple steps to eating healthier
- Cook from home regularly. This is one of the cheapest and best ways to stay healthy and eat well, all year round. It does take some preparation and a bit of fiddling about, but it’s really fun, and very rewarding. When you cook from home, you are actually nourishing yourself with proper foods, and using the best ingredients you can afford. You don’t even know what kind of produces has been put into take away foods. When cooking from home, you have complete freedom to add and delete what you do and don’t like.
Another great idea is that left overs can be taken to work the next day. It’s so satisfying to be able to prepare a loving meal at home, even when you are cooking for one person. This is an act of self love in itself, and is a wonderful way to head a healthier, more sustainable lifestyle.
- Fast as often as possible. Intermittent fasting is the best way to increase your longevity, eliminate disease and lose body fat. It’s also very easy and simple to start, with no shakes and bars required. The only think you need to do, it me watchful of your fasting and feeding times, alternating those week by week, so that you get the most out of this system. You don’t have to spend money on anything! In fact, you save money by buying less food and eliminating wastefulness.
I fast every day, alternating times, and I’ve never felt better. My skin glows, I’ve put on muscle at the gym, I’m stronger and experience far less inflammation all over my body. Many people experience weight loss, especially around the belly. This has become apparent for me as well. It’s so amazing how alert and energetic you are when fasting. You will have your most productive and creative ideas during this time. Try it out and see how much of a great impact it can make in your life.
- Eat mostly cruciferous veggies with every meal. Cruciferous veggies are incredibly healthy, with anti cancer benefits decreasing inflammation, antioxidant rich as well as curbing appetite. These should be the main component of your diet, even more so than protein! Yes, you heard that right, veggies should always be a huge portion of your meal allocation, protein next. Don’t forget that veggies do contain protein as well. Pair it up with your low fat protein sources and you have a meal packed with so many nutrients, in which your body can thrive on.
- Check all labels that you intend to buy and eat. If you ever opt to purchase anything from a supermarket, my advice is to always check the ingredients of every label. There are of course, plenty of great options which are good for you, and make a handy snack. You must be aware of all the processed ingredients that can be included in many foods such as cheeses, crackers, ice creams, drinks and meals. You are better of sticking to simple purchases like full fat cheese, yoghurt, nut milk alternatives and pasture fed organic meats, poultry and seafood’s. Eat for health by eliminating chemicals and additives from your diet. Optimal health does mean spending a little more money, but this is for your quality of life and longevity… that’s priceless.
- Choose low calorie proteins sources. Protein is very important in everyone’s diet, as it curbs hunger, therefore reducing calorie intake during the course of the day. That is an ideal setting for weight loss, and muscle building. Opt for eggs, fish, turkey and chicken breast if you are trying to lose some body fat. Eggs are one of my favourite protein sources, as they contain a multitude of vitamins, and are very easy to add in any dish. They are also a savour when you are eating on the run.
- Drink more water. Staying hydrated daily is key to a healthier life. Sometimes when we are hungry, it’s actually a signal that we may be dehydrated. Water also keeps you from overeating, and powers on your workout in the gym. Staying hydrated also prevents brain fog and headaches.
- Practice mindful eating. Actually sit down and enjoy every mouth-full of your food. Enjoy the texture, tastes and flavours it brings. Slowly chew and become conscious of the ritual of eating a healthy meal. This is your time, time to enjoy and relax. It takes your brain about 20 minutes to register that it’s full. When you eat slowly, you are allowing your body to give you the signal. That means weight loss over time, because you are consuming less calories. The opposite is true when you eat like crazy. Slow down and enjoy the process.
Facebook: Ange Dim
Instagram: Ange Dim (@angedim10) • Instagram photos and videos