The reality is, fat loss is achieved through a high, but the varied intensity of training. Passing out at the end of your session is not necessary! Even 30 minutes a couple of times a week can have a profound effect on your health and body composition.
What I want to bring to light is the metabolic power of weight training, as well as sprint intervals. When combined, they make for a powerhouse towards achieving your weight loss goals. Let’s take a look at some points.
I want to highlight each one.
Lifting weights helps you lose body fat.
The best results come from training programs that focus on very different components. Here are a few points to help you evaluate your training program
Four weight training hacks that torch body fat
- Shorter rest periods between sets. Use a guideline of about 30–60 seconds, and try to finish off your program with high-end exercises, requiring a high level of effort. Increases in growth hormone happen exponentially! Try leg press, squats or even lunges for 25 reps, or 2 minutes of non-stop repetitions (with the proper form of course).
- Multi-joint lifts. These are squats, deadlifts, split squats, bench press, pull-ups in each of your training splits. Isolated exercises should be saved for the end of your program if you have a bit of time. Train yourself to do the hard stuff so you can get the best body composition results.
- High volume. Be brave and extend your exercises towards the 5–6 set mark. It’s a bit more time consuming, but pick 4–6 exercises, and smash them together for six sets. Better yet, reduce your rest period. Double the fat burning effect!
- Tempo, tempo! You will need tension on those muscles; therefore, you will need to count through each exercise to ensure you are allocating the proper timeframe. Try 4 seconds eccentric (down) tempo and short concentric (upwards).
Four more bonus hacks to take your fat burning on another level!
- Hill sprints. An absolute killer for the legs! Get outdoors, or use the treadmill. Increase the resistance as much as you can, and dash as fast as possible (about 20–30 seconds) then rest for 60 seconds. Repeat or a total of 20–30 minutes max.
- Stair running. Another excellent leg protocol. Sprint as fast as you possibly can up the stairs, and jog down them. Try for 8–16 reps. Your legs should be on fire!
- How about some strongman training? Use the sled, tire flips, and heavy-handed farmers walk. You can work these in with your leg day, by adding them as finishers to your workout.
- Try circuit training, Super-setting with minimal rest periods will turn into a circuit. Better yet, why not try what’s deemed the ‘death by legs’ Start with deadlifts, then follow it with split squats, then again to the squat rack with lighter weight, but higher volume. You are allowed a 10-second rest between each exercise (to catch your breath!)
I do hope you found this article useful. If you would like to experience personal training yourself, receive monthly training programs, nutrition and success. please sign up for our membership site application. You will be in the running to getting the subscription at an unbeatable price.
Think of the results you can achieve with guidance each and every step of the way..
Well, now you can!
With mentoring and guidance, you can achieve your fat loss and muscle building goals in less time and frustration. Imagine, having someone to consult regularly and keep you motivated, as well as on the right path to a new, lean you! Become part of the waiting list by filling out your name and email address to become notified of this membership program. The great thing about this membership is it’s only open for a very short period, and for a small number of people. I want to give the best and most abundant attention to those who want to make changes in their lives. You will also be the first guests to receive the membership for a very small investment – a cost that no one will ever have access to again! You definitely want to be part of this super special deal.
Fill in your details below, to make sure you don’t miss out on this offer for coaching, becoming part of a wonderful and supportive community, as well as getting all of this for a very minimal investment. I can’t wait to see you all on the other side.