So many people resort to the calories in, calories out a theory, which is very much outdated now. We all need to think of something long term because weight loss is not a road that ever ends. We always have to apply proper strategies and pay close attention to our bodies regularly, to make sure we are on track. I have a few techniques you can try, which will help you get out of that fat loss sticking point. I’ve been there and done that, and I can sympathise completely!
Four powerful ways to overcome a fat loss sticking point.
- Change your diet- add more protein. Too many people who focus on weight loss, sacrifice a lot of necessary foods and calories, mistakenly thinking it will help them lose weight a lot faster. Cutting down on your protein sources will leave you feeling hungry, make you a lot more susceptible to muscle loss and slow down your metabolism ultimately. You want the fire to keep burning as much as possible and have a relatively high amount of energy. Life is not worth living unless we are wide awake and can enjoy it! Your range of protein should be determined by the kind of activity you do and your lifestyle habits. Because I weight train, I can afford to eat 1.5g per KG of body weight in protein per day. I usually alternate depending on my activity levels, but when it comes to training days, the protein rate goes up as needed. Most people consume around 1.2g per kg, which is fine. When you are trying to lose weight, the critical macronutrient to increase should always be protein. Try it out for a couple of weeks and see the difference.
- Lift weight and give the cardio a rest. You will be amazed at the results you’ll have when you put cardio on the backburner for a while and focus entirely on weight training. Your body shape will change; you will lose body fat, become stronger and put on muscle mass. This is what you want when dieting – to get stronger and change your shape. When you always put cardio before weights, your body will never change, and start to put on fat as a result of the overloaded stress the body is experiencing. Weights are a completely different story. The metabolic shift it creates cannot be compared to cardio. I recommend trying this out for a month and allowing your body to adapt slowly. You don’t have to go cold turkey on the cardio but diminish it slowly, week by week. It takes time, but your body will start working for you, not against you.
- Fast every day – not just two days a week. Most people make the mistake of fasting for short periods a couple of times a week. You can get some good results by doing this, but to make that ultimate and profound shift in body fat, you need to fast daily. Alter your fasting hours from 20 and work your way down to 12 during the week. Change the times according to your schedule, and when you are going to have your night out with friends or a partner. There is no right or wrong, but do not expect massive fat loss shifts to occur when you only fast for 12 hours. Couple fasting with weight training, and you will build the ultimate physique.
- Take a break – you need it once in a while.
- Going hard at the gym every day is completely insane. I’m saying this because I was on that level, and it did nothing but wear me out and make me susceptible to colds and flu. Everybody, no matter what our age group, needs to rest as much as possible -that means no gym, but supplementing with some walking or yoga, to promote a more relaxed approach to exercise, but not going completely cold turkey on the activity. We were meant to be active, but that doesn’t mean being insanely active to the point of collapsing. Keep this in mind and work smarter, not harder.
When it comes to weight loss, it’s those apparent aspects which we don’t think will make a difference – but they most certainly do. Try these methods out, and stick with it for a month or two, and then view your progression. Remember, that when it comes to weight loss, 80% of your results are from what you consume on a day to day basis.
Think of the results you can achieve with guidance each and every step of the way..
Well, now you can!
With mentoring and guidance, you can achieve your fat loss and muscle building goals in less time and frustration. Imagine, having someone to consult regularly and keep you motivated, as well as on the right path to a new, lean you! Become part of the waiting list by filling out your name and email address to become notified of this membership program. The great thing about this membership is it’s only open for a very short period, and for a small number of people. I want to give the best and most abundant attention to those who want to make changes in their lives. You will also be the first guests to receive the membership for a very small investment – a cost that no one will ever have access to again! You definitely want to be part of this super special deal.
Fill in your details below, to make sure you don’t miss out on this offer for coaching, becoming part of a wonderful and supportive community, as well as getting all of this for a very minimal investment. I can’t wait to see you all on the other side.