Let me give you some good news here. It’s not essential to exercise to lose weight. Exercise forms the basis of helping us stay fit and healthy, and also, being physically active is vital for everyone’s wellbeing. Are you able to take on some light walking for a certain amount of time per day? If so, this is at least some form of activity that’s great for you both physically and mentally.
In terms of weight loss, food is your friend and enemy here. It’s essential to understand the fundamentals of nutrition, and how it can affect your wellbeing as well as your body composition. It will help if you remember that you could never out-train a bad diet. I used to think I could do this regularly, and it never works. It’s a losing battle. I want you to make the most positive changes to your diet so you can not only lose weight but heal whatever health issue you are now going through.
Let’s delve into this a bit deeper and look at what kinds of foods you should be eating to achieve your goals.
4 top foods for weight loss and healing inflammation
- Coldwater fish: Salmon, whitefish. Mackerel, sardines and anchovies. The reason why sources of cold-water fish are so important is that they contain high levels of omega-three fats. These kinds of fats decrease inflammation, as well as improve insulin sensitivity. By reducing inflammation, you improve the balance of metabolic hormones, so you end up feeling less hungry and more satisfied by food while raising your metabolic rate (remember, that protein is thermogenic). You can always choose to eat grass-fed meats as well and aim to eat one of these high protein sources with every single meal you’re having during the day.
- Berries: This includes blueberries, raspberries and strawberries. These sources of fruit contain a high level of fibre, as well as antioxidants. They can blunt the amount of insulin the body produces in response to higher carbohydrate foods. Raspberries happen to improve the brains sensitivity to leptin, making you feel less hungry. You can eat berries with yogurt for breakfast or have them as a snack during the day. They are also a nutritious, portable snack when you are hungry and unable to eat a meal.
- Nuts: Almonds and walnuts. Nuts have a high level of fibre, protein, antioxidants as well as healthy fats. Research has shown for many years that supplementing the diet with them, can cause a significant improvement in body composition. Nuts blunt hunger as well as raise your metabolism. Walnuts happen to be the healthiest nuts because they are typically eaten raw with the skin on, which increases the number of antioxidants you take in. Almonds are the best kind of nut for fat burning because of their fibre content, plus the enormous amounts of vitamin E that supports the elimination of waste from the body.
- Avocados. These little bundles of beauty have a tremendous antioxidant capacity, as well as being a powerful anti-obesity food. You can use avocados to make your salsa, or perhaps add them to your salad daily. They make an excellent snack that’s filled with flavour and promotes fat loss and prevents diabetes.
- Cruciferous veggies. Not only are these sources of vegetables filled with fibre, but they also assist in helping the body to eliminate excess oestrogen – both naturally and chemical oestrogens that are usually in BPA (plastics). The high fibre of these foods delays carbohydrate absorption, favourably modifying the glucose response. Eat lots of these vegetables within every meal, including your protein and fats. That’s absolutely a complete meal -and a highly nutritious one for that matter.
Getting a grasp of your diet is highly essential if you want to lose weight. Couple this with some exercise -and you have an excellent formula for weight loss and maintenance.
Want access to your very own coach every day – for life?
Think of the results you can achieve with guidance each and every step of the way.. Well, now you can! Achieve your fat loss and muscle building goals in less time and frustration.Be part of the waiting list. for the first notifications of this membership program. When the doors do open, there are only a limited number of people given permission to attend – so get in quick!
Sign up now below and fill in your details.