A Flavorful, Low-Carbohydrate Delight
The dish is anchored by the robust and savoury notes of beef, which is a high-quality source of protein and brings essential nutrients like iron, zinc, and B vitamins to the table. Marinating the beef in a concoction of sesame and ginger not only imparts a tantalizing flavour profile but also integrates the health benefits of these ingredients. Ginger is renowned for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, while sesame adds a burst of nuttiness and contains healthy fats and lignans, known for their cholesterol-lowering effects.
Zucchini Noodles: The Low-Carb Star
Zucchini noodles, affectionately known as “zoodles, ” are the cornerstone of this dish’s low carbohydrate delight. These vegetable noodles stand as a fantastic alternative to traditional pasta, drastically reducing the carbohydrate content of the dish while providing a satisfying texture and freshness. Beyond being low in calories and carbohydrates, zucchini is also a source of various nutrients, including vitamins C and A, potassium, and dietary fibre. These components collectively support immune function, vision health, and digestive wellness, making zoodles not just a dietary substitute but a nutritious addition in their own right.
Balanced and Nourishing Ingredients
Balancing flavours and nutrition, the dish incorporates a variety of complementary ingredients to enhance taste and health benefits. Vegetables like bell peppers or snap peas can be added for extra crunch, flavour, and nutritional value. A sprinkle of sesame seeds adds a visual appeal and additional healthy fats and minerals. Incorporating olive oil or sesame oil for cooking contributes to the dish’s healthy fat content, which is crucial for absorbing fat-soluble vitamins and supporting overall metabolic health. Every ingredient in the Low Carb Sesame and ginger Beef with Zucchini Noodles is meticulously chosen to contribute to a symphony of flavours while creating a nutritional powerhouse of a meal.
Versatile and Accommodating to Dietary Preferences
The inherent versatility of Low Carb Sesame and ginger Beef with Zucchini Noodles makes it a favourite among diverse dietary preferences and needs. This dish is naturally accommodating for individuals adhering to gluten-free, low-carb, or ketogenic diets without requiring substantial modifications. Furthermore, for vegetarians or those reducing meat intake, tofu or tempeh can easily replace beef, absorbing the delightful flavours of sesame and ginger while providing valuable plant-based proteins. With its adaptability, this dish can effortlessly find a place in various meal plans, always offering a burst of flavour without carbohydrate overload.
Sesame & Ginger Beef with Zucchini Noodles
- 1/4 cup (60ml) reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp xylitol (or other sweetener)
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 lb (450g) ground lean beef, 5% fat
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium zucchinis, spiralized
What you need to do
- Mix the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and sweetener in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat a dry, non-stick pan over medium heat, add the beef and cook for 7-10 minutes, until cooked through.
- Move the beef to one side of the pan, then add the sesame oil, ginger and garlic. t in the microwave or pan when needed.
- Cook for 1 minute. Add the earlier prepared sauce and toss the beef to coat. Cook for 1 minute, mixing everything.
- Spiralize the zucchini and heat slightly with the beef (if eating straight away), or divide the zucchini and beef into containers and then hea