Low-carb meals can be beneficial for several reasons.
Here are five benefits of low-carb meals backed by research
- Reduced appetite: Low-carb diets have been shown to reduce appetite, which can lead to a natural reduction in calorie intake.
- Fast weight loss: Low-carb diets have a reputation for producing fast weight loss without feeling hungry or needing to count calories.
- Lower triglycerides: Low-carb diets effectively lower triglycerides, the main fat-carrying particle in the bloodstream.
- Increased HDL cholesterol: Low-carb diets have also been shown to boost protective HDL cholesterol.
- Better cognitive function: Some studies suggest low-carb diets can improve cognitive function.
Low-carb diets can benefit weight loss because they can reduce appetite and lead to a natural reduction in calorie intake. By limiting carbohydrate intake, low-carb diets cause the body to burn stored fat for energy, which leads to weight loss.
In terms of longevity, the research is less clear. Some studies suggest that diets low in animal protein and high in complex carbohydrates that include periods of fasting may be most beneficial for long-term health and lifespan.
However, it is important to note that optimal diets may depend on various health factors, including age, sex, and genetics.
Low carb avo carbonara
- 2 Medium zucchinis
- 1/2 Lemon juice
- 140 g Bacon
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 2 Medium avocados
- 60 g Parmesan cheese
- 250 ml Water
- Spiralize the zucchini and place them in a bowl, drizzle with lemon juice.
- Heat a dry non-stick frying pan and fry the bacon strips for 8 min, on medium heat until golden brown and crispy.
- Add in the garlic and fry for another 1 min then set aside.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the stone and scoop out the flesh with a spoon.
- Place the avocado with half Parmesan cheese in a blender, add water and season with salt and pepper.
- Purée until smooth.
- Mix the avocado puree and bacon through the zoodles (zucchini noodles), divide onto four plates and sprinkle with the rest of the Parmesan to serve.
- Low carb