Abs are primarily made in the kitchen.
Belly fat loss seems to be on the to do list of many, many people. I can see why this is such a problem. So many of us suffer from the over accumulation of fat around our mid section. It’s disheartening and leaves our self-esteem on the lower end of the scale. We must delve into the different types of belly fat and then discuss the strategies to combat this issue.
What are the types of belly fat
Belly fat is made up of 2 types of fat. One is subcutaneous, which is just below the surface and can be pinched with fingers. The second type is visceral fat. This is actually inside the abdominal wall. When you lose visceral fat, it will decrease the size of your waist, but the fat around your belly is subcutaneous fat.
Did you know that visceral belly fat degrade muscle quality and increase belly fat? This is due to the release of Adipokines.
You need to keep this in mind when trying to understand why belly fat is such a challenge. You are dealing with 2 kinds of fat deposits, plus the decrease of muscle quality around the belly. All these can be targeted with conscious and consistent effort, mainly what happens in the kitchen
6 ways to eliminate belly fat for good
- Sprint intervals. This is a method of HIIT. Get on a treadmill, and sprint for 20–30 seconds, resting for 60 seconds. Your all out sprint should leave you breathless and needing to rest to catch up to your breathing. This should only be implemented for 20–30 minutes at the most, 2 times a week. You should not even desire to go beyond this time, unless the sprints were not as robust as they should be. This will really tap into belly fat reserves and overall body fat.
- Strength training with larger volumes. Larger volumes means more sets and therefore, more repetitions. Diminish the need for extended rest periods. These should be cut down to a minimum of 60 seconds. This protocol produces more lactic acid buildup, which therefore increases the fat burning hormonal response in your body.
- Eliminate all processed foods from your diet. That means no sweets, breads, pastas and anything that can be found on a supermarket shelf. Opt for whole foods, lean protein sources and as much veggies in your diet as possible. The best ones to have are cruciferous, as they contain the most vitamins, minerals, fibre and lowest carb ratio.
- Make sure you eat fat. This is fat in fish, coconut oil, olive oil, avocados and nuts. They increase fat burning, and provide you with the necessary fats your brain needs, decreasing the odds of inflammation. Use olive oil in your salads, and coconut when cooking (as it does not turn rancid when exposed to higher temperatures)
- Try and avoid wheat, corn and grains. These cause insulin spikes, and all kinds of gut issues for those that are sensitive to the chemicals they contain. Please note that belly fat is linked to gut issues. Because these crops are being sprayed with pesticides, you are best to avoid them at all costs.
- Take care of your gut health. As stated above, a bloated belly is definitely caused by some sensitivities. Take care of your gut by feeding it pre and pro-biotics, eating fermented foods like sauerkraut and consuming fermented milk.
- Fiber. Make sure you are consuming above and beyond your quota of vegetable. They contain all the fibre you need. If you want to add more, try inulin, flax-meal and a supplement that is completely natural. That will help you to eliminate wastes fast.
I do hope these tips help you along your journey. It’s not one thing that will help you lose belly fat, but a combination of proper exercise and nutrition.
Facebook: Ange Dim
Instagram: Ange Dim (@angedim10) • Instagram photos and videos