Belly fat, which is known as visceral, is the most dangerous form of belly fat. It caused a cascade of diseases. The problem with this fat, is that it is situated amongst your major organs.
The good news is that it’s very easy and effective to diminish it with dietary and exercise habits. First, I will touch on diet, as this will be key to your results. Exercise will be the next step along this journey. With both ingrained into your routine, you will experience fantastic results in your health and body composition.
7 easy steps to eliminate belly fat for good
- Fresh, whole foods with every meal. That means, disregard anything that belongs on a supermarket shelf, with a very long used by date. Instead, make the fresh vegetable isle your place to be. Stock up on spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, mushrooms, turnips. sweet potato and anything green that’s available. These should be a major part of your diet from now on, for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Lean, low calorie protein sources are a must. This means seafood, eggs, chicken and turkey. If you are a vegan, opt for even more veggie consumption, favouring foods that are higher in protein. Protein helps to keep you fuller for longer periods, eliminating cravings, and burning energy at rest to digest. You want to make sure that you keep your energy stable throughout the day, so you are not constantly searching for a snack on hand.
- Olive oil and good fats with your meals. Don’t be mistaken by the incorrect assumptions made when it comes to fats. Sources such as avocado, cold pressed olive oil and coconut oil may be high in calories, but are negated because of their ability to cause a thermogenic effect on your body. Therefore, you can rest assured that the calories will not show up on your hips. In fact, most of the calories are dispersed by the liver. Snacking on nuts Olive oil should only be used on salads, and coconut oil is able to sustain high temperatures without becoming rancid.
- Make it a priority to have optimal gut health. Compromising on your gut health can in fact, lead to elevated cortisol and belly fat. Infuse your diet with pre-biotic foods such as sauerkraut, fermented yoghurt, kim chi and inulin. Taking a gentle fibre supplement daily will also help. Higher consumption of green vegetables will flush out all the toxins in your gut.
- Try intermittent fasting. You don’t have to fast every day (but it’s extremely effective if you do), even a couple of times a week will make a huge difference to your whole body, not just the amount of belly fat you will lose. Intermittent fasting allows our bodies to tap into fat stores for energy, as well as help us to increase muscular gains when we exercise. That is great news all around, because increasing muscle mass helps us to expand our metabolism, burning even more body fat.
- Make strength training the most important part of your program. Opt for a variety of training methods. One is a hypertrophy protocol, consisting of 8–12 reps with a range of 4–5 sets. Large volume training consists of 5–10 sets, 3–7 reps with shorter rest periods. Swap and change your rest periods to increase your fat burning capacity during each strength training session.
- BONUS TIP- If you must do cardio (which you don’t have to if you watch what you eat) then opt for HIIT training, in between your weights program. Sprint on the treadmill for 30 seconds, rest for 60 seconds. Repeat for 25–30 minutes. Make sure your sprint attempts leave you feeling like you are struggling to catch your breath! Those are the most effective sessions you will have in order to tap into fat burning post workout.
Remember, to do the work and be patient. Some people get instant results, whilst others have to work a little longer to get even a shift in body composition. Keep at it and be consistent. If you do, you will be rewarded with a great physique.
Facebook: Ange Dim
Instagram: Ange Dim (@angedim10) • Instagram photos and videos