You can become healthy at any age.
Thankfully in life, we have a choice. We can choose to go one way or the other. Despite how young or old we are, this will never change. One aspect of growing older is the underlying truth that perhaps the way we ate as our younger self, no longer suits us, or has made us sick over the years. If only one would pay attention to this earlier on.
The truth is, you are never too old or too young to change your habits. The body is a beautiful mechanism that adapts and enforces homeostasis. If will cope with whatever you give it, and will return the goods in droves. This can either be health or disease. The choice is ultimately yours.
Short term pain, for long term gain, is always deserving of a tick for life. In the short term, it may be annoying and in fact, uncomfortable to chance. But in a long time, it will pay dividends for your health and well being. I don’t know about you, but I want to live life to the absolute fullest. There is no time to be plagued with ongoing health issues. Who has time for that?
Here are a few things you can do which will alter your health, making you an extremely healthy, fit and energetic person. I’m currently 41 and am at my fittest, muscular and in top health.
Five easy habits that will keep you younger and energetic.
- Intermittent fasting. This works well for people who have a lot of body fat and weight to lose. Now, for others like myself, who have those problem areas, this can be good for you as well! Alternating feeding windows allows you to practice self-discipline and gives your body time to regenerate and heal. This one technique increases your growth hormone, which is the key to longevity and getting the upper hand on ageing. Yes, it can make you younger physically and internally. For those who weight train, it has been known to increase strength and hypertrophy. Overall, intermittent fasting is for anyone. Those that want to lose large amounts, and small amounts of body fat, people who want to put on muscle, and those who want to heal their bodies, or look younger than what they are.
- Eating more fatty fish. Fish is an excellent source of protein, is lean, light as well as packed full of omega-three fats. Omega 3 is linked to lowering inflammation markers, heart disease and can contribute to overall weight loss. The best types of seafood to consume are; Salmon, sardines, rainbow trout and tuna (in moderation of course, due to its mercury content)
- Fish also contains DHEA, an omega-three fatty acid that is required to keep your brain functioning naturally and efficiently. The brain and nervous system is partly made up of fat, and have a preference for DHEA fat. Long term consumption of DHEA is linked to improved memory, learning ability and a reduction in cognitive decline. A perfect add on to your already healthy diet, for optimal brain health.
- Weight training. I do go on and on about weight training. It’s no surprise that this is the mightiest of techniques when it comes to weight loss and leading a healthy life. Strengthening your body means you also increase your inner wellbeing and reshape the outer shell. Weights burn body fat at a faster rate than steady-state cardio, plus build muscle, making you a metabolic energy chewing machine! I don’t know a better feeling than one where you have conquered the voice inside your head that told you it couldn’t be done. Well, it can be, and it will! We learn this in the gym when we abolish our lifting limitations.
- Eating less red meats & poultry protein. I found that this worked wonders for me. Unfortunately, even though meats are classified as ‘organic’, you don’t, and won’t know how misleading this is. The animal could have been fed grains and soy for all you know. When I ultimately stopped poultry, red meats and pork or stuffed with antibiotics. Now I experienced less gut and stomach upsets, and my inflammation markers decreased. I was no longer experiencing joint pain and structural imbalances on my hips. This was a HUGE breakthrough for me, as I train very heavy and hard with weights, and the issues with my hips prohibited me from squatting and deadlifting large amounts. Not anymore! If only the chiropractors of today could work this one critical issue out (but I guess that keeps them rich right?)! Contaminated meats can cause inflammation. If anyone who reads this experiences similar problems, please eliminate poultry and red meat from your diet for 40 days. See if it makes a difference to your joint inflammation. In terms of weight loss, my abdominal fat decreased, and I lost body fat. When your body is constantly inflamed, you tend to increase belly fat. That was the first place it left when I gave meat the boot!
- Eating more vegetables. The key to weight loss is making sure you feel full and satisfied with every meal. This is much more likely when you add fibrous veggies into each meal you consume. Fill your plate with broccoli, spinach, kale or cauliflower. Add a big salad, dress it with olive oil and your protein sources. You will be guaranteed to stay full, satisfied and have a constant source of energy during the day. Do this religiously, and watch your body shape change, your health and longevity increase!
- Some of the best veggies that make you look younger are:-
– Kale, as it contains vitamin K, fibre, also lowering cholesterol and blood pressure.
– Blackberries are filled with antioxidants.
– Brussels Sprouts are equipped with tumour suppressing genes, treat rheumatoid arthritis by reducing inflammation.
Think of the results you can achieve with guidance each and every step of the way..
Well, now you can!
With mentoring and guidance, you can achieve your fat loss and muscle building goals in less time and frustration. Imagine, having someone to consult regularly and keep you motivated, as well as on the right path to a new, lean you! Become part of the waiting list by filling out your name and email address to become notified of this membership program. The great thing about this membership is it’s only open for a very short period, and for a small number of people. I want to give the best and most abundant attention to those who want to make changes in their lives. You will also be the first guests to receive the membership for a very small investment – a cost that no one will ever have access to again! You definitely want to be part of this super special deal.
Fill in your details below, to make sure you don’t miss out on this offer for coaching, becoming part of a wonderful and supportive community, as well as getting all of this for a very minimal investment. I can’t wait to see you all on the other side.