I’m glad you have joined the pack, regarding that weight training is the best way to lose body fat, and maintaining it for life. Welcome!
Men and woman may differ metabolically and hormonally. Fortunately we respond similarly to strength training exercises. Thankfully, our bodies burn fat for fuel. That gives us some great potential to burn our excess stores, when we use the correct exercises, with a specific training program and diet.
Regarding repetitions and sets, my advice is to alternate these accordingly, so that your body doesn’t become accustomed to the stimulus. There is no right or wrong here, but I do want to share with you some killer techniques that will provide excellent results when trying to burn body fat. As a woman, I’ve tried and tested these methods, and they work very well. Of course, I will testify that an outstanding personal training program is essential to get the best results.
Seven ways for women to burn fat with weights;
- German body comp. This kind of training works by stimulating the release of growth hormone, a biochemical produced naturally in the body that helps regulate body fat. GBC workouts focus on multi-joint exercises performed at higher reps and shorter rest intervals. This workout may contain 4–5 supersets that take about an hour on average to complete. This kind of work out is very much like circuit training, with a magnitude of intensity!
- Minimal rest periods. Rest periods when weight training, serve a specific purpose and also support our strength training goals. My advice on this one would be to lengthen your rest periods (1 minute to 1.2 minutes) if you would like to focus on strength lifting. That means, your 1RM will have to be heavy, and you should be performing 1–4 reps of this, needing over a minutes rest. If you want to burn body fat and increase your gains, shorten your rest period. Work with 2–3 exercises back to back, and smash it out.
- Super-setting. This is my ultimate favourite way to train. You have two exercises that you do consecutively. When you finish executing the reps for both of them, you rest for about 60 -120 seconds. Then you go at it again. Structure your workout with using two exercises back to back, totalling approximately 4–6 (depending on the time you have). This is an effective method for weight loss and building muscle at the same time – that’s why it’s my favourite method!
- Cluster sets. This is great for strength, hypertrophy and increased power, whilst improving your technique. If this is what you are looking for, go ahead and implement this strategy. Say you want to focus on deadlifts. You pick a weight you can lift for ten reps, and rest for 120 seconds after each rep. Then begin again. It’s important to note that when the technique fails, you can choose to stop or decrease the weight. Here we are primarily focusing on the process, and this has been tried and tested by Olympic lifters.
- Tempo alterations. Temp training can assist you when the weights are not as heavy. You can do eccentric (lowering) or concentric (lifting) movement workouts, both recruiting different muscle fibres. To give you an example, let’s use the biceps curl. Instead of focusing the tempo upon the lowering movement, swap it out it, and focus on the lifting motion. You lift the weights upwards in a slow and controlled way, and quickly bring them down, Keep that up, and feel the burn!
- Circuit training with weights. Circuit training gets the sweat going and challenges your whole body. You can create one program focusing on lower or on the upper body – maybe try out a full-body circuit. Do as many reps and sets as you can, without a rest in between the exercise. Resting is only permitted at the end of a full round. You can include 5–10 different movements. This will break through a workout plateau. Change it up from the entire body on the day, to lower and then upper body.
All of these techniques are required in a training program. You will experience tremendous results if used in conjunction with proper diet, rest and executed correctly. They are not easy, and will leave you smashes afterwards, but I believe the best programs give you results for the hard work they require. Challenge yourself continuously to progress with your body composition goals.
Think of the results you can achieve with guidance each and every step of the way..
Well, now you can!
With mentoring and guidance, you can achieve your fat loss and muscle building goals in less time and frustration. Imagine, having someone to consult regularly and keep you motivated, as well as on the right path to a new, lean you! Become part of the waiting list by filling out your name and email address to become notified of this membership program. The great thing about this membership is it’s only open for a very short period, and for a small number of people. I want to give the best and most abundant attention to those who want to make changes in their lives. You will also be the first guests to receive the membership for a very small investment – a cost that no one will ever have access to again! You definitely want to be part of this super special deal.
Fill in your details below, to make sure you don’t miss out on this offer for coaching, becoming part of a wonderful and supportive community, as well as getting all of this for a very minimal investment. I can’t wait to see you all on the other side.