Homemade chicken nuggets offer a healthier and more nourishing alternative to their store-bought counterparts. Crafted from fresh, lean cuts of chicken breast, they skip the preservatives and artificial additives commonly found in commercially prepared nuggets.
- 500 g Chicken breast
- 150 g Corn flakes
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Curry poweder
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- Cut the chicken breasts up into nugget-size chunks, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the cornflakes in a plastic bag and crush the flakes into small pieces, then transfer them onto a big flat plate.
- Whisk the eggs up in a bowl with the curry powder.
- Dip each chicken piece into the egg mixture and then roll in the cornflakes.
- Heat the oil in a large pan, and fry the chicken for 2-3 minutes each side.
- Once cooked through and browned, let them drain on paper napkins before serving.
For a wholesome variant, the chicken pieces can be enveloped in a crust of ground almonds or whole wheat breadcrumbs, seasoned with a medley of herbs and spices to suit one's taste. Baked to a golden perfection rather than fried, these nuggets retain a delightful crunch without the excess oil. Paired with a rainbow of steamed vegetables or a vibrant salad, these nuggets become a centrepiece in a satisfying and nurturing meal, making meal times a celebration of wholesome indulgence. Key Features
- Gluten Free (use the gluten free cornflakes)
- Meal prep perfection• Great for the whole family
- High protein
- Quick and easy weekday option
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.