Simple chicken curry with saffron rice is a delicious and nutritious dish that provides a range of health benefits.
Not only is it packed with flavour, but it also contains several key nutrients that can help promote overall health and longevity.
Saffron is a key ingredient in this dish and provides various health benefits. It is a rich source of antioxidants, which can help protect the body from oxidative stress and prevent chronic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. Saffron has also been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce inflammation throughout the body and improve overall health.
Chicken is another key ingredient in this dish and provides a range of essential nutrients. It is a great source of protein, which is important for muscle growth and repair. Protein can also help regulate appetite and promote feelings of fullness, aiding in weight management. Chicken is also a good source of several essential vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B6, niacin, and phosphorus.
The rice in this dish is made with saffron, which provides additional health benefits. Rice is a great source of carbohydrates, which can help provide energy for physical activity and daily tasks. Saffron rice is also rich in antioxidants, which can help protect the body from damage caused by free radicals. Additionally, saffron has been shown to have mood-enhancing properties and may help reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety.
Overall, simple chicken curry with saffron rice is a delicious and nutritious dish with various health benefits. It is a great source of protein, carbohydrates, and essential vitamins and minerals and is rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds. Incorporating this dish into your diet can help promote overall health and longevity.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat to make this dish. Add diced chicken and cook until browned on all sides. Add garlic, ginger, and curry powder and cook for another minute. Add diced tomatoes, chicken broth, and coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
To make the saffron rice, cook rice according to package instructions and add a pinch of saffron threads to the water while cooking.
In conclusion, simple chicken curry with saffron rice is a delicious and nutritious dish with various health benefits. It is a great source of protein, carbohydrates, and essential vitamins and minerals and is rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds. Incorporating this dish into your diet can help promote overall health and longevity.
You can also follow me on YouTube for the latest, science-backed research on health, weight and weight training, and an endless supply of healthy recipes.
You may also like to download my FREE Fat Loss Recipe book.
I appreciate your support.
Simple chicken curry with saffron rice
For the chicken
- 8 Skinless chicken thighs fillets
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 Large onion, diced
- 1 tbsp Ginger, minced
- 5 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp Black pepper
- 3 Large tomatoes, chopped
- 1.5 tbsp Turmeric
For the rice
- 60 ml Boiling water
- Pinch saffron threads
- 225 g Basmati rice
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp Onion powder
- 1/4 tbsp Salt
- 1 3/4 cup Vegetable stock
- Season the thighs with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in the pan, fry the thighs on both sides until golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and set aside. In the same pan sauté the diced onion, garlic and ginger for 3-4 mins, often stirring — season with pepper and turmeric.
- Then add chopped tomatoes, and 1/4 cup of water, season with salt and bring to a boil.
- Place the chicken thighs in the simmering sauce, cover with a lid and cook for about 30-45 mins or until the meat is tender.
- In the meantime cook the rice. Combine saffron threads and boiling water and allow to ‘brew’ for at least 5 minutes. In a medium pot, combine saffron and the water with the rice and all other ingredients.
- Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for covered another 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve 2 chicken thighs along with sauce and a serving of saffron rice.