Vegan creme brulee
Vegan crème brûlée offers a delightful culinary experience that closely mimics its traditional dairy-based counterpart, both in flavor and texture
- 1 Vanilla pod
- 200 ml Canned full fat coconut milk
- 400 ml Almond milk unsweetened
- 4 tbsp Brown sugar
- 2.5 tbsp Agar agar
- Cut the vanilla pod with a knife lengthwise.
- Scrape the marrow out with the tip of the blade and set aside. Scrape the marrow out with the tip of the blade and set aside.
- Bring the coconut milk, almond milk, half of the brown sugar, agar-agar, vanilla pod, and marrow to boil while stirring often.
- Remove from heat as soon as it boils and allow to cool in room temperature.
- Remove the vanilla pod. Divide the mixture over 4 dishes and leave to set in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle the crème with the rest of the brown sugar and caramelize it with a burner torch.