Tofu caesar summer rolls
Tofu contains all nine essential amino acids, making it a complete protein source
- 100 g Tofu
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 4 Romaine lettice leaves shredded
- 1/2 Avocado
- 2 tbsp Parmesan grated
- Caesar Salad dressing
- 4 Rice paper wrappers
- Slice the tofu into two thin rectangles and press between a towel to remove excess moisture.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat and add the tofu. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes per side, until golden.
- Remove and let cool before slicing into 8 strips. Dip one rice paper in a bowl of warm water.
- Remove when slightly softened and place carefully on a plate lined with a dampened cloth or kitchen towel.
- Place a few strips of tofu in the centre, top with avocado, and a sprinkle of parmesan. Lastly, top with some lettuce.
- Now fold the rice paper around the filling, firstly the sides, and then wrap tightly. Set the finished roll aside on your serving plate lined with a damp kitchen towel.
- Repeat with the rest of the papers.
- Serve straight away with the Caesar dressing as a dipping sauce.
- Pro tip: dip your fingers in water so your hands are damp when handling the spring roll wrapper; they will stick less.
- Dairy Free
- Low Carb