Crispy Zucchini Pasta Bake
A Tasty Crispy Zucchini Bake is a delightful vegan dish that offers a wholesome yet indulgent experience for the taste buds.
What you need
- 4 medium zucchinis
- 450 g tomato pasta sauce of choice
- 35 g vegan mozzarella cheese
- 10 g vegan parmesan
- salt and pepper
- 340 g pack extra firm tofu pressed and drained
- 10 sundried tomatoes packed in oil
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 12 g chopped parsley
- 4 tbsp vegan Parmesan (store-bought)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
Side green salad:
- 300 g lettuce
- 300 g vegetables of choice
- 4 tbsp salad dressing of choice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Slice the zucchinis lengthwise into long, thin strips. Sprinkle each slice with a little salt and place onto a baking tray lined with a paper towel.
- Set aside to allow the salt to extract any excess water from the zucchinis. Place the drained and pressed tofu, sundried tomatoes, nutritional yeast, chopped parsley, vegan Parmesan, lemon juice, and garlic cloves into a food processor.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper and pulse to a rough consistency. Pour 2 cups of pasta sauce into a cast iron or oven-proof pan and set aside. Pat off excess water from the zucchini slices.
- Spread out 2-3 tablespoons of the tofu filling along each zucchini slice. Roll up the zucchini with the filling and place it into the cast iron pan. Repeat this process until all the zucchini slices are filled.
- Sprinkle with vegan Parmesan and vegan mozzarella. Place the pan into the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until pasta sauce is bubbling in the middle. Serve with a side of green salad of choice.
- Meal prep friendly